Architect John E. Wicks designed the plans for the Astoria National Bank building in 1923. Construction of this Classic American Renaissance building was completed in 1924 at a cost of $100,000. The bank opened for business on February 25th, 1924. In1930 the newly-chartered Bank of Astoria occupied the building. On July 13, 1937 the United States Bank of Portland bought the Bank of Astoria and occupied the building until 1973.
Over the past 30 years the building changed hands a number of times and was ultimately left neglected and vacant.
In 2005 Blue Mars purchased the building and in 2009 the day spa moved out and Blue Mars hired Paul Caruana of Caruana Inc. to renovate the first floor space into a grand ballroom offered today as The Banker's Ballroom and Boutique.