The Hotel Julian, erected in 1911, stands near the banks of the Willamette River in Corvallis, Oregon. The building is a four story, brick building in a square shape. The first floor of the building is used for commercial purposes; the upper floors are being used for apartments.
The Hotel Julian at the time of its construction had 100 guest rooms and a banquet room that would seat 300. It opened to the public on January 16, 1911 and was erected by Senator Julian N. McFadden of Corvallis. The hotel was used for weddings, receptions, parties, dances, Oregon State University social events, and civic gatherings. In 1928 a fountain in the lobby was removed.
In November of 2008 Paul Caruana and a business partner purchased the Julian Hotel in conjunction with the purchase of the Astor Hotel in Astoria, OR. Since purchasing the Astor has gone through more than 700K in improvements and much needed deferred maintenance. Similar changes are in store for the Julian. Restoration work has begun on the exterior of the street level and the inside of the 3 commercial spaces. One space is currently home to a Chiropractor and interest in the two remaining spaces remains strong given the hotel’s prime location.